There’s a growing movement afoot…are you a part of it?
The latest from the Independent Contractors of Australia…
* The latest labour force survey released by the Australian Bureau of Statistics (June 2008) shows a steady increase in the number of self-employed people. The number of self-employed people in the community is over 19% of the workforce. That¹s 2.03 million people (2008) up from 1.9 million (2004).
It¹s also clear that as people mature they gravitate toward self-employment. 50% of the self-employed are aged 35-54. 28% are older than 55. This could predictably result in larger numbers of self-employed as the workforce ages. For ICA’s full commentary on the latest ABS figures click here…
* Three further ATO links to help prepare for the end of the financial year (on tax deductions, business seminars and rental properties) can be found on their news page
- Women need more than paid maternity leave can deliver – survey shows
- Self-employed happier at work but free time disappoints
- Australian self-employed happier
Related posts plugin by:Related posts plugin