Unfortunately I don’t know where this little gem originates (thank you regardless), but I had to share it anyway…
Here is something absolutely positive for a change. We’ve repeatedly seen the breakdown of the cost of raising a child, but this is the first time I have seen the rewards listed this way. It’s nice!
The government recently calculated the cost of raising a child from birth to 18 and came up with USD$160,140.00 for a middle income family. Talk about price shock! And that doesn’t even touch college tuition.
But USD$160,140.00 isn’t so bad if you break it down.
It translates into:
* $8,896.66 a year,
* $741.38 a month,
* $171.08 a week.
* A mere $24.24 a day!
* Just over a dollar an hour.
Still, you might think the best financial advice is: don’t have children if you want to be “rich” or you can’t afford it. Actually, it is just the opposite.
What do you get for your USD$160,140.00?
* Naming rights. First, middle, and last!
* Glimpses of “God” every day.
* Giggles under the covers every night.
* More love than your heart can hold.
* Butterfly kisses and Velcro hugs.
* Endless wonder over rocks, ants, clouds, and warm cookies
* A hand to hold, usually covered with jelly or chocolate.
* A partner for blowing bubbles and flying kites.
* Someone to laugh yourself silly with, no matter what the boss said or bad your day was.
For USD$160,140.00, you never have to grow up.
You get to:
* carve pumpkins,
* play hide-and-seek,
* catch lightning bugs,
* color Easter eggs,
* never stop believing in Santa Claus.
You have an excuse to:
* keep reading the Adventures of Piglet and Pooh,
* watch Saturday morning cartoons,
* go to Disney movies,
* go outside and play and
* wish on stars..
You get to frame rainbows, hearts, and flowers under refrigerator magnets and collect spray painted noodle wreaths for Christmas, hand prints set in clay for Mother’s Day, and cards with backward letters for Father’s Day.
For a mere $24.24 a day, there is no greater bang for your buck.
You get to be a hero just for:
* retrieving a Frisbee off the garage roof,
* taking the training wheels off a bike,
* removing a splinter,
* filling a wading pool,
* coaxing a wad of gum out of bangs, and
* coaching a baseball team that never wins but always gets treated to ice cream regardless.
You get a front row seat in history to witness the:
* First step,
* First word,
* first day of Kindergarten,
* First bra,
* First date,
* First prom,
* First time behind the wheel.
You get to be immortal. You get another branch added to your family tree, and, if you’re lucky, a long list of limbs in your obituary called grandchildren and great – grandchildren. You get an education in psychology, nursing, law enforcement, communications, and human sexuality that no college can match.
In the eyes of a child, you rank right up there under “God”.
You have all the power to heal a boo-boo, scare away the monsters under the bed, patch a broken heart, police a slumber party, ground them forever, and love them without limits, so one day they will, like you, love without counting the cost.
That is quite a deal for the price!
Love & enjoy your children & grandchildren & great-grandchildren.
It’s the best investment you’ll ever make!
I’ve got my moneys worth!
GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY, GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL.
Isn’t that a beauty, enjoy!
Related posts plugin by:Related posts plugin