“The unspoken beliefs that wield the most influence over business behavior are the metaphors that people use to envision the following major aspects of the work experience:
- What is business all about?
- What is a corporation all about?
- What is management all about?
- What role do employees play?
- What really motivates people?
- What is the nature of change?
- What’s the role of technology?
- What is the essential nature of work?
The answers to these questions define a company’s corporate culture. So, then, what type of culture allows companies to pursue strategies that work today? What makes a corporate culture smart, given today’s business environment?
A good way to answer these questions is to compare what the executives inside successful companies believed in the past as opposed to what executives inside successful (i.e. smart) companies believe today. Here’s what ‘smart’ cultures believe … ”
What’s the culture of your business?
Have you ever asked?
- If you’re in Organisational Development, then read “Company” by Max Barry
- “size matters; the larger company the better…”
- buy | sell websites; is it like buying any other business?
Related posts plugin by:Related posts plugin